Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm Back!

It has been a long time since I have posted. Life seems to be getting even busier. There are so many things I think about that I want to write about that it brings on a complete catatonia. So I figure I just need to write whenever I get these ideas and forget about making sure it is worded just right etc etc.

Lots has happened since I last posted. Of most important, my sister and her daughter visited for a week at the beginning of February. It was so great to have them here. Besides the fact that 6 out of the 7 of us were sick at some point in the visit it was still so worth it. My sister and I are so different and like she said, we were not ever really close until we had kids. She may be my baby sister but I look up to her in a lot of ways. She is strong where I am weak. She is incredibly disciplined, athletic, creative, artistic, brave and driven. She has an amazing sense of humor and still knows how to have fun (something that I sometimes forget how to do.) I think it is so great that we in many ways are different but there is no one else I would rather hang out with. I am hoping to go home to Alberta this summer for 6 weeks and I greatly look forward to spending some time with her and her family.

I have also gone back to work. It is great to be a nurse, really. I hadn't planned to go back until Justus was a year old but the right job came along so I had to apply for it. I got it and started this past week. It will be a huge adjustment for us all. I have never been apart from my kids for more than a couple hours at a time. Ron had never been the sole parent for more than a couple hours at a time. This past week I did 8 hour days and we all survived. Ron did amazingly well but I think he is now a little more appreciative of what I have been doing for the last 9 months. I expect to work maybe one or two 12 hour shifts a week. The extra cash will be nice but I needed to do it more to keep my license current as I have been pretty inactive for the last 5 years.

The girls seem to be outgrowing their dairy sensitivity. So Ron has been bringing it into the house. Justus is still terribly sensitive and since I am still breastfeeding it is still entirely off limits for me. I think Ron is trying to torture me. Yesterday he brought home 2 differently kinds of good quality ice cream. It's killing me. The girls are begging for it. Sage keeps asking "why can't I have more ice cream?" So I decided that they can have all they want today. Maybe if they eat enough of it they will get it out of their system. Or maybe it will make them sick and we will be done with it that way. As of noon today the girls have had 4 bowls each. It might be a rough night!

More later. I hope.


1 comment:

Pinky said...

FOUR bowls of ice cream? It is very rare that we have it in the house, unless we are having pie, in which case it is a necessity.

Oh, and you forgot to add that I am awesome, because I can fix a tire on a stroller! LOL